Paraphrasing the famous words of Shakespeare one can say: “All Rome is a big stage!” Our exclusive 7-day tour will reveal the Eternal City as a shooting stage under the open sky. You will see Rome in another dimension: on the other side of the camera and mystery.
The originality of the program is in the direct contact with the mystery of the cinematograph. You will try your hand in different aspects of film and theatre arts, professionals will teach you oratorical skill, stunts, musical theatre skills, stage make-up, camera skills and editing. You will also be “in the shoes” of a star and paparazzi, additionally, you will take away a professional portfolio of your own. To fully immerse yourself in the world of theatre and cinema, you will be offered to have lunch and dinner in themed restaurants where famous films were shot or in the favorite places of the creative elite. The tour is designed not only for professionals or students in the faculties of acting, but for the people who are interested in the world of cinema and theatre.
- Arrival, check-in (4 star hotel)
- Welcome drink and acquaintance in the hotel
- Lunch (optional)
- Sightseeing walking tour plating the role of “paparazzi” will give you the best opportunity to explore the city and to get acquainted with each other. Divided into groups you will go hunting with a camera after a “star” which will try to escape “persecution” at the most famous Rome’s points of view: Trevi and Piazza di Spagna, Pantheon and Navona.
- Cinema in Rome excursion (3 hours). We will visit the locations of the most famous films that were shot in the city: Gladiator, Quo Vadis, Transporter, The Octopus, La Dolce Vita, Angels & Demons and many others.
- Visit to the Cinecitta film Studio and the Cinema museum. Historic Studio where there was a formation of Italian cinema from the era of neorealism. You will see famous pavilions and scenery that was filmed in different movies including Hollywood Gangs of new York. There are almost 22 pavilions, one of them – the hall № 5 (a huge pool for water shooting) is the largest in Europe and loved by Fellini. The pavilion was filmed not only the masterpieces of Italian cinema such as La Dolce Vita and Bicycle Thieves, but even in Hollywood movies like Cleopatra, Quo Vadis, Ben-Hur: A Tale of the Christ, Gangs of new York and The Passion of the Christ.
- Lunch in a restaurant near the Studio.
- The art of drama lesson with a famous actor of theatre and cinema Mattia Sbragia (The Passion of the Christ, The Gruff etc.). The master class will be held in Sbragi’s house or in the garden.
- During a photography lesson you learn the basic principles and secrets of professional video shooting, you will be taught of how to hold a video camera properly and avoid errors that distinguish a professional from a dilettante. Also you will learn how to behave in front of the camera.
- Lunch (optional)
- Then we will attend a lesson of montage & editing. The experts will show you the principles of film-making using the professional equipment and you will learn how to make a short video from the material you have. All that knowledge will be useful in the future.
- Dubbing lesson. Professionals will show you how foreign films and cartoons are redubbed. You will see how actors get into the tempo of the characters and how the image is adjusted.
- Lunch (optional)
- Comic art lesson won’t be just about a simple laugh when someone slipped on a banana skin. It is great art the skills of which really serious people can acquire. During the lesson you will be shown how non-verbal communication of Italians differs from others: they even create a special language. We guarantee that you will be able to speak Italian by gestures at the end of the lesson.
- The magic of disguise. You will be clothed in costumes of the eras as per your choice. They will be taken in the famous cinema studio which has been supplying the apparel for theatres, TV and films for over 100 years.
- Lunch (optional)
- Stage make-up lesson. Famous hairdresser and Italian stars’ visagiste (makeup artist) will make you look like characters of different epochs and show how the make-up of an ancient Roman woman was different from the times of Renaissance. Also it will be possible to participate in a professional photo session wearing costumes.
- Stunt skill lesson. The stunts have chosen several bright and light to play tricks especially for you. Complete safety will be provided. You will learn the secrets of some tricks that we usually see on screen from the inside. These secrets will be released by the official stuntmen that took part in different Hollywood films: Ghost rider, Quantum of Solace, Police Department and others. This team truly works wonders, its members were even listed in the Guinness book of world records.
- Then we will visit the Roman castles, the national Park of the volcano of Lazio, volcanic lakes, make short stops in little towns for tasting local wines, sausages and cheese. In this tour you will continue shooting your vacation in teams; also it will be an opportunity to put on costumes for a photo session again.
- Gala dinner — our last dinner in the city, farewell to Rome. While having supper you will receive a little souvenir that will commemorate our trip. Also we will watch the film created for your departure.
- We will visit the Training Centre for dogs-actors that belongs to Max Pearl. The stars of world and Italian cinema come here with their four-legged pets.
- Dinner (free)
- Transfer to the airport, departure
WHAT IS REQUIRED FOR THE TRIP:
- Digital equipment: a video camera with the OBLIGATORY wire connection to PC for downloading video;
- Comfortable footwear (sportive shoes or snickers);
- An elegant suit (for men) or evening gowns (for ladies).
Included into the price:
- Residence in the hotel
- Meals: half-board (breakfast & dinner)
- Transfer on the arrival date + during the week
- Excursions included into the program
- Guide assistance during the whole trip
- Bus for the whole group
Not included into the price:
- Additional excursions (indicated as “optional” in the above program)
- Flight tickets
- Visa service (if required)
- Medical Insurance
- Transfer to the airport on the last day
- Additional nights to be spent in Rome